Day 3 of my "diet." Here's my food log, weight, exercise, and thoughts.
before exercise, 7:30 am: about 1/10th serving of housemate's smoothie (leftovers).
after exercise, 10:30 am: cooked veggies, baked sweet potato.
noon snack: carrots (1 lb); sugar snap peas (1/2 lb).
6 pm snack: 2 carrots.
Dinner: repeat salad topped with seed mixture and d'angou pear vinegar
Calories: 1465; protein 65 g; fiber 83 g.
Exercise: yoga class; bike commute 14 miles.
- I was surprised that my weight dipped. Maybe 1400 calories a day is okay, especially with the amount I exercise.
- I loved my breakfast. I had this at the co-op after my yoga class (baked the sweet potato last night).
- My calories were a little on the high side. I had 1.5 lbs of fruit. That combined with the sweet potato pushed them higher. and the extra carrots.
- I have to figure out where to put carrots in my daily plan. they are mostly emotional eating. they make me feel secure, that I don't have to go hungry. the 6 pm snack was just because I love eating a couple of carrots on my bike ride home after I grocery shop. Dr. Fuhrman says we shouldn't snack but I get a psychological boost from this right now and don't want to deal with this. I'd rather just keep my total intake at a reasonable level for a while, and deal with frequency of eating later on.
- I had lunch with a friend at the "terrace". We got her a burrito at Chipotles before heading to the terrace.