breakfast, 10 am : about 1/10th serving of housemate's smoothie, about 1/2 cup of beans, nibbled on salad I prepared for potluck.
lunch at potluck, about 12:45 pm: some salad I brought, a salad a nutritarian couple brought (yes!), and a baked sweet potato I brought for myself. oh, and a few banana slices. My salad was really easy to make: lettuce, strawberries, blueberries, avocado, seed mixture; then just before serving I added d'angou pear vinegar and mixed it all up. My nutritarian friends brought a nice black bean salad.
snack after grocery shopping, about 3 pm (not hungry, just wanted to eat my favorite foods): carrots (0.8 lb), sugar snap peas (0.4 lb).
dinner, 6-8 pm, while doing food prep: salad like last night, just lettuce, seed mixture and vinegar. 1 lb strawberries. nibbled on veggies as I chopped.
Calories: 1390; protein 55 g; fiber 81 g.
Exercise: ran 3 miles, and a little pre-run yoga.
- I didn't have much food around at breakfast so went a little hungry--which is actually a good thing. Lesson learned: don't shop too often.
- I really like bringing a sweet potato to a potluck. You can almost always find a salad, especially if you bring it yourself! that and a sweet potato makes for a delicious and satisfying meal. I eat the sweet potato like you hold a burrito, skin and all, and I eat it like dessert, slowly, enjoying each bite.
- I'm surprised I only logged 1390 calories. I feel pretty full. I think I logged everything though.
- if you don't think I'm crazy yet, you probably will when you see tomorrow's meals: salad, salad, salad...
- I'm not enjoying running as much as my other exercise. I think I would rather walk 3 miles than run it. I feel like I should try to run once a week since I signed up for a short triathlon in August.