Saturday, December 5, 2009

dec. 5 food

Today was smoothie day (making a week's worth for housemate), and I tend to eat a lot of the "profits" as they say, while making them. It's fun and pretty harmless as long as you watch the nut intake. So it was a high fruit day and I have no regrets.

Late brekky: grapefruit, 2 carrots, 1 small apple, a few grapes.

lunch (smoothie prep): 1 oz cashews, 3 cups grapes (yeah, I love grapes), bite of a banana, few berries, and about 1/2 of a smoothie leftover from all the batches. and a small pomegranate (didn't need it, but it called to me). yummy. very filling.



















Dinner: beans over about a pound of collards and kale from the garden. I'm still harvesting this from the garden, in December! Awesome. And the legend is true: kale and collards taste sweeter after a hard freeze! I also steamed a carrot and half a leek with the greens (in the pressure cooker). And did my usual grinding up 1 oz seeds (flax, sunflower, pumpkin) and mixing them with the leftover water from steaming. The flax made it a bit gooey. Flax is better in the cold dressings since it doesn't get gooey as quickly. Oh, I added 1 Tbsp pomegranate balsamic vinegar. It was very good. yummy! dessert was an orange.

Total calories was 1771; protein 52 g (9%); carbs 368 g (77%); fat 27 g (14%).

No comments: