Saturday, December 5, 2009

dec. 4 food

Brekky: beans & ground seeds over steamed broccoli and cabbage. I mixed the ground seeds (hemp, pumpkin, sunflower) in the leftover water from steaming, to recollect the vitamins lost from the steaming. This was yummy of course. I ate this after exercising and while meeting colleagues in a coffee shop.

lunch: 1/2 butternut squash + 1/2 cup chopped pineapple (used frozen) + 1/2 oz walnuts + 1/8 tsp cinnamon. I cooked the squash by cutting it in half, turning it upside down in a pan with a little water on the bottom, at 350 F for and hour. The squash was good by itself. I think the pineapple overwhelmed it. I think next time I'll just have squash + cinnamon, and maybe a few walnuts if I think I need some nuts.

Dinner: small pomegranate and cabbage salad (unlike the posted recipe, I just made a large single serving, by chopping up stuff on the cutting board). I ate the salad at a restaurant with friends, on my way to another event.

Dessert: at a get-together with friends, the host made baked apples with cinnamon and walnuts, with all the toppings on the side. Without the toppings, it was healthy and yummy! Good to remember for the future.

Total calories 1831; protein 57 g (10%), carbs 319 g (64%), fat 54 g (26%)

No comments: