Sunday, December 27, 2009

Banana oatmeal cookies

I don't feel right sharing the recipe for these cookies since it only appears on Dr. Fuhrman's member site. But I will show some pictures and describe them. They are pretty low-fat and low-sugar so I was not expecting to like them, but I was surprised that I did like them! I find most SAD (Standard American Diet) cookies to be too sweet, so SAD eaters used to them might find these too bland. Still, house mate, who eats SAD candy all the time, liked them.

The recipe calls for oats, over-ripe bananas, baking soda, cinnamon, and a small amount of sunflower seeds and raisins. That's very low fat and low sugar!

You grind up the oats in the blender:
















Puree the bananas in the blender:



















Then combine everything and bake. Here's the final result:



















It tasted kind of like banana bread. My bananas weren't overripe enough so I added 1 Tbsp of date sugar. Next time, I'll let the bananas over-ripen. The sunflower seeds add a nice accent. The raisins add sweetness. A nice little treat.

No comments: