Thursday, September 4, 2008

corn and zucchini salad

This was inspired by this recipe, but I didn't have most of the ingredients, so consider this an example of how you can modify recipes.

Ingredients:
2 ears corn, kernels cut from cob
1 zucchini, peeled with a potato peeler into strips, or cut up however you like
part of an onion
lots of cherry tomatoes, halved
cucumber, sliced
avocado spread, make a double batch if you want

mix it all together.  The avocado spread was a great touch.  That made me realize it would be great in potato salad.  I was going to add sunflower seeds but I forgot.  This was really good but it could be because I had fresh local corn, fresh local zucchini, fresh local onion, fresh tomatoes from the garden, fresh local cucumber, fresh herbs from the garden, and all organic.   so in the dead of winter when you are getting this shipped from California, maybe it's not as good.

No comments: