Wednesday, September 24, 2008

sept 23-24 food

sept. 23 breakfast:  rest of yesterday's green smoothie

Lunch:  leeks and potatoes.  leeks add a nice flavor to potatoes.  I just cup up a leek and part of an onion, peeled and cut some potatoes, and boiled them in water for 20 minutes.  added some frozen peas in the last 5 minutes.  added some chives and parsley from the garden.   also made some cabbage salad.   This was the best yet and the easiest.  I will update the recipe.

Dinner:  cabbage salad and snacked on lettuce while making today's smoothies.  I probably ate half a head of lettuce.  It was local and fresh and delicious, and I am often too lazy to make a salad but don't mind just eating the lettuce as is.  I also had an orange.  

sept. 24 breakfast.  green smoothie.  this had 4 (big) collard green leaves, two bananas, a bag of frozen raspberries, and it needed something else so I added some fresh squeezed orange juice--that goes really well with green smoothies.    plus I added my usual 1 Tbsp each of flaxseeds and sunflower seeds.

lunch:  I made daal with quinoa and sweet peas.  I thought this was very good.  

dinner:  cabbage salad, followed by my favorite dessert:  blueberry-fig sorbet.   I absolutely love this.  I'm not sure why.  It sounds kind of boring and it's not super sweet.   I ate the whole thing, but it probably wasn't even that many calories, 200-300?

No comments: