Monday, September 22, 2008

food sept 21-22

Yesterday and today I was exhausted!  I slept well both nights but I think the excesses of my trip must have caught up to me.  Let's see, there was jet-lag, caffeine (not much but enough), alcohol (maybe a little too much), adrenaline, sleep deprivation while in Germany, and not my usual healthy eating.  I'm not sure what dominated but I've only felt this exhausted once before and that was after a 2-week marathon work situation (working on a Space Shuttle mission) with similar amounts of sleep deprivation and much more adrenaline.  Hopefully I will recover soon...

sept 21 Breakfast:  green smoothie made from a bunch of kale leaves, 2 bananas, a bunch of concord grapes, some figs (yum), 1 Tbsp sunflower seeds and ground flaxseeds.  I think that was all.  it was good.  the concord grapes are what made it good.  the figs were fresh and yummy.

Lunch:  salad and fruit salad.  the salad was just lettuce, mushrooms and dressing made from blueberries, figs and sunflower seeds blended (really good!).  The fruit salad was strawberries, banana and pineapple.  It was easy to make this and we had it for a picnic while hiking.

Dinner:  rest of smoothie

sept 22 breakfast:  green smoothie made from 4 large collard leaves, 2 bananas, an apple, a bag of frozen mangos and an orange.

lunch:  1/2 small watermelon.

early dinner (didn't have enough lunch!):   "spaghetti".   I enjoyed this a lot, but by now my taste buds have changed so I'm not sure what you'd think if you like a lot of oil and salt.

No comments: