Thursday, October 23, 2008

Oct. 22 food

Breakfast:  apple, some sunflower and pumpkin seeds

Lunch:  mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and cauliflower, very good.

snacks all day:  I was preparing for my first ever vegan cooking class (as teacher!).  so I cooked a bunch of stuff and ate all day and night.  Boy was I ever full.  No wonder chefs are often portly.  Well, I didn't have to eat it, but I don't resist desserts very well.  So here's what I made during the day:

Salad: lettuce, mushrooms, edamame

The first two were from Fuhrman's member site so I'm guessing I'm not supposed to share them.  They were both good.  Dip the strawberries and apple pieces in the chocolate dip:  YUM.  And I love pumpkin pie so the pudding was a treat too, without all the unhealthy stuff in it.  I ate too much of that during the day, whew.  

Then at the class I made
Orange-walnut-fig salad dressing (like the orange-cashew one only with walnuts since I didn't have cashews), which went on the salad
Banana walnut ice cream

The ice cream was the surprise hit.  Who knew that frozen bananas, walnuts, dates, and soy milk could be so delicious?  and easy too.  I'll have to remember that one.  You really need a vita-mix for that one though---it even stresses the vita-mix.  But it makes a real creamy half-frozen mixture, like custard in texture.

No comments: