Thursday, October 30, 2008

food oct 29 & 30, 2008

oct. 29.

Breakfast: apple, some pineapple, pumpkin seeds, strawberries

Lunch: collard green smoothie, potato skins (made baked potatoes for house-mate and she doesn't like skins--they were good and sweet)

Snack before dinner: carrots, apple, strawberries, rest of a cantaloupe (not a lot, not too bad, not too great). The strawberries were better than usual even though it's the same brand, whatever that ubiquitous organic strawberry from California is. It seems the smaller ones are better.

Later dinner at my vegan cooking class: lots of different kinds of soups (3 of them from the Fuhrman member site, so I can't share, sorry): Black Forest Cream of Mushroom Soup, Carrot and Red Lentil Soup, Dr. Fuhrman's Famous Anti-Cancer Soup, and French Minted Pea Soup. For dessert, we had blueberry-fig sorbet. It was fun having all the soups together to taste-test. I was surprised to find that I liked the Anti-Cancer Soup more than the Cream of Mushroom, though maybe it's because I had 3 bowls of the mushroom soup on Tuesday! It's hard to pick the best. I think I'd pick the pea soup; and maybe the carrot-lentil soup next; and maybe the anti-cancer soup next. That's interesting because the cream of mushroom was hardest to make, so why bother?

oct. 30

Breakfast: apple, some pineapple, some pumpkin seeds, made a collard green smoothie and had the leftovers (3 oz maybe?).

Lunch: wasn't very hungry from yesterday, just had some steamed broccolli, and a few bite's from housemate's soup (carrot-lentil)

Dinner: collard green smoothie, carrot, some strawberries, and a banana with some walnuts. this was so good I had another! then I was too full. I may go on a banana with walnuts kick for a while. it's a great easy dessert.

I'm in a mind to just eat what I enjoy and see where that leads me to. I seem to really like fruit and the green smoothies more than anything else. But it goes in phases. I like cooked vegetables too, but probably just had too many of them this week with all the soups I was making. I don't like how the soups make me feel so full, due to the beans. I guess the solution is not to eat so much! Next week for the last cooking class, by student request, I'll make something with tofu, perhaps tempeh, and then some potluck type things.

No comments: