Sunday, October 26, 2008

Oct 25-26 food

Oct 25

I fell off the wagon today.   I bought a bunch of muffins and cookies for an all-day work event and I ate some of them.   Then later on, housemate and I decided to go to the Blue Plate Diner for dinner.  I had a barbeque seitan sandwich, curly fries, and a vegan mint/vanilla chocolate chip shake!   It was good and I enjoyed eating it.   Oh, I also had a cup of decaff coffee in the morning.  Well, I guess both the coffee and the chocolate in the shake was too much caffeine for me--I slept very poorly and was wide awake and more animated than usual.   I can't believe how sensitive I am to caffeine now.  And the salt in the dinner made my fingers swell up.  geez louise I'm like this this caffeine/salt/sugar sensitivity meter now.  So I don't know what to think.  Is it okay to splurge every once in a while?   Or is it easier to be 100%?  I find it completely easy to be vegan, as it requires one rule--if it's not vegan, don't eat it.  No emotion or feeling of feeling of deprivation accompanies this because I have no desire to eat animal products.  But I go through different thought processes with healthy eating.   A lot of the time my splurges are just because I'm wondering if I am missing something.

Oct. 26

Breakfast:  apple, some delicious carrots


Dinner:  carrot lentil soup.  It was a Fuhrman recipe so I can't post it here.   It only had 3 ingredients:   carrot juice, red lentils, and onions!  It was sweet and good.  I'm trying to make crackers from the leftover carrot pulp, based on what someone from the Fuhrman forums posted.  I don't know if my first attempt is not going to be post-worthy.  I'll let you know if it is.

No comments: