Saturday, October 3, 2009

Oct. 3

Now the business portion of my trip is done and I'm on vacation. yea!

We had brekky at the B&B. Today I didn't want the home-made peach cobbler and blueberry bars because I didn't want the sugar and probable butter (not vegan). I was satisfied to eat the very nice fruit (strawberries, bananas, pears, and more) topped with my sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. I also finished the can of soup I had opened yesterday so it wouldn't go bad or to waste. That was good.

Lunch was 2 carrots, an apple, and lots of almonds, walnuts and raisins that my friend Gail brought (no salt). We went mountain biking so I didn't worry if I ate a few more nuts and raisins than normal.

Dinner: 2 carrots, a salad with lettuce greens, sweet peas from a can, a green pepper from our garden, and some orange vinegar. okay, not gourmet, but I was happy eating it. Travel companion liked it too. Dessert was an orange.

Comment on the organic vs concentional produce: I find that organic carrots taste so much better than conventional. Fortunately, the grocery store we stopped at had organic carrots and they are really good. (another comment: I love carrots). I also got organic apples and they were good too. I was pleasantly surprised since the store had very little organic produce. Fortunately the salad greens are organic too. Tomorrow's berries are conventional (blueberries, raspberries), as are the oranges.

No comments: