Wednesday, June 18, 2008

June 18th food

There's a lot I want to discuss but I had a long day at work so will just have to save it for another day. Here is what I ate today:

After exercise snack: apple

Late breakfast: smoothie

Lunch: Today I ate the last of the veggies in the fridge before shopping tomorrow. So for lunch it was a beet and it's greens cooked up in a small amount of water, with a half of a sweet potato. Easy and good. Next course was some carrots and broccoli lightly steamed, and some sliced red and green pepper---these were dipped in yesterday's leftover hummus.
Dessert: date with pit removed and stuffed with 1/2 tsp raw sunflower seeds, microwaved for 10 seconds. Really good. Probably not so good for my teeth.

Snacks: A big handful of baby romaine lettuce (this is a great snack to eat out of the bag). Another apple (really good), a banana.

Dinner: A bunch of kale steamed. Added a cashew sauce: boiled part of an onion, in water, added a chopped date and cashews, blended it in a blender to make the sauce. Very good.

Is this a lot of food? Maybe. I don't feel too full so I think it was okay. The banana wasn't necessary. I noticed that the apple tasted just as good as yesterday's tofutti cutie. so that's something to keep in mind. The apple was a "pink lady". I'm trying out different types. This was good. That reminds me that the quality of your produce really matters. Fresh organic produce tastes better. I'm lucky to have the best grocery store I've ever shopped at only a 4 mile bike ride away. Okay, next posts will be recipes...

No comments: