Wednesday, June 25, 2008

June 24 food

Today we headed off to Minneapolis to watch a golf tournament (US Women's Open). I loaded up with supplies at the grocery store and put them in an electric cooler. These coolers are nice,because they don't require ice--you plug them into your car outlet. And there is an attachment for plugging into a wall when you get to your hotel. But I didn't have to break into the supplies yet today as breakfast and lunch were at home and I brought a smoothie for dinner (happened to have one in the freezer). Today's meals:

Breakfast: blueberry smoothie

Lunch: steamed asparagus and broccoli and carrots. My meal was mostly asparagus and broccoli stems, and I gave housemate the broccoli trees and carrots (I don't mind the stems). I added lemon and fresh herbs from the garden (chives, dill, basil, cilantro, parlsey, a little of each but a lot of chives) and a bit of date sugar. It was delicious.

Snacks: apple, banana, orange, grapes

Dinner: green smoothie

No comments: