Thursday, June 19, 2008

June 19th food

It was an exciting day at the grocery store. The shelves were full of locally grown (organic) produce! So I went crazy. I had already put a bunch of fruit in my cart but I think next time I will just fill it with local stuff, which is mostly greens right now. And they are cheap! Here are my meals:

Breakfast: smoothie (I have this every day)

Lunch: Asparagus and pineapple

Snacks: I went crazy. The strawberries (the Driscoll organic that you can get in practically every grocery store in the country) were the best I've ever had from a store. I ate the entire 16 oz box. it was so good. Then I also ate my bag of cherries. That was only 8 oz. and a few grapes. I am quite the pig. And yet, I am pretty thin. but still I shouldn't be quite such a pig. But I don't regret the strawberries.

Dinner: I haven't done this yet but I'm going to meet a friend at the Terrace so took out a green smoothie from the freezer and will bring that. Frozen green smoothies are handy away-from-home meals.

No comments: