Saturday, November 29, 2008

food nov. 26-28

Wed, nov. 26

breakfast:  banana + nut mix

lunch:  apple, orange, carrot, more nuts

dinner:  Indian restaurant.  this splurge wasn't really worth it.  I didn't think the food was good enough to offset the effects of the salt and fat and processed grains.    The salt is especially a problem for me now.  The food was a bit too spicy and way too salty.  I had bharta which is eggplant.  it was pretty good.  I overindulged in the nan (bread with oil) but it was enjoyable, I have to admit.   The appetizers were pretty good, probably not good for you though.

Thurs., nov. 27, Thanksgiving day, flew home.  Had my final apple, orange, carrot, banana and nut mix for the trip home.  Then at home, I'm trying to remember what I had.  There wasn't much food in the house.  I think I had a blueberry, banana walnut compote of some kind.   I know I had half bag of blueberries and I think I recall slicing a frozen banana.  I think I had a couple of oranges.    probably too many nuts.  

Friday, I wanted to have my own Thanksgiving and end of the month splurge, so I went to the Co-op and had a "nothing muffin", a cup of decaff coffee with soy cream, and bought a bag of cowgirl cookies!  I ate about half of them!  That's probably about 8 smallish cookies.   I have to say, this stuff does not taste as good as the Fuhrman desserts.  It is a psychological thing for me to have these "forbidden" foods.  It also makes me feel heavy and bla.  well, that's probably because I ate too much of it.  But even a day later I feel bla from it.  I don't know, I think I should stop eating these things altogether.    I also felt the effects of the caffeine in the coffee and chocolate chips in the cookies.  I still feel the salt from the cookies and muffins.  geez, I'm so sensitive now.  Well, anyway, besides that I ate some leftover borscht (from the freezer) over lettuce, and then for dinner a baked sweet potato which I blended with some orange juice and mixed with pineapple for another treat.  It was pretty good.   

So, overall, I suppose I didn't set a very good example for eating healthy over the Thanksgiving holiday.   Actually, I think the main thing I would change if I were to do it over again would be to delete yesterday's cookies and muffin---though I did learn from that and it will probably help me to refrain from them in the future.  While traveling, I did well with the fruit during the day and only splurging in the evenings.  I overate at the Indian restaurant.  I overate at Gobos but can't say I regret that.  :)   

No comments: