Okay, I got feedback from readers here and on the Fuhrman forums and the eat-to-live yahoo group and here's the plan I've come up with:
1) Set a goal or goals for yourself. You might want to pick something you think you can reasonably accomplish, or maybe you want to take on the world. I recognize that the same goal can be easy for one person and hard for another. We're all at different levels with different challenges.
2) Send me your name and a screen name (which could be your real name if you want), and your goal(s). I will post the screen names of everyone participating, along with your goals. Send this info to my email address: email@example.com
3) For accountability, try to post a comment here on the blog once a week, stating your progress. I won't be strict about this, it's just a goal. You can post every day if you like.
4) At the end of the challenge, if you want to win the vita-mix, send me via email a short essay (200 words max) describing how you did in the challenge (remind us of what your goals were), and why you want the vita-mix. I will probably have a hard time deciding between lots of entries and will have to do a lottery because I'm sure you will all have compelling stories!
5) I would like to post the winning essay and maybe excerpts of others. I will ask you for permission before posting. I will give runner's up the option to not let me post excerpts of your essay but I will require the winner to let me post their essay. :)
6) You can start anytime between now and Sept. 1. I know several people on the Fuhrman forums started today! I'm starting tomorrow.
7) I will try to post often during the challenge. You can post your progress as a comment to any of my posts--probably the most recent will be easiest. I am going on vacation for 2.5 weeks during the challenge so I might miss some days.
8) Please post you progress here rather than or in addition to other forums you are members of (Dr. Fuhrman's member center, or the Eat-2-Live yahoo group).
9) The winner will have to pay shipping costs for the vita-mix. I hope that is okay.
Let's have some fun!