Thursday, January 5, 2012

mango-cherry ice cream

Today I was messing around with desserts.  I confirmed once again that I am the worst baker in the world!  I was trying out a "chickpea blondie" recipe that someone posted on the Fuhrman forums.  It was okay but, well, I didn't follow the instructions exactly (this is why I'm the worst baker in the world), and it was dry and just not my favorite treat.  Then I tried my own variation which was 10 times worse.  This had cherries and pinto beans and walnuts and dates.  It was a purple gooey glob of so-so.   so a few hours later I saw those dates lying around and I can't resist a good date (which is why I don't buy them very often!).  So I thought, oh, why not some old fashioned ice cream.  Now this turned out good!  I didn't measure anything so I'm just guessing below:

Ingredients:
juice of one orange
1 medjool date
1 cup frozen sweet cherries
1 cup frozen mango (vary ratio of mangos and cherries to your preferences)
a few walnut pieces (1/2 oz at most)


blend the date and walnuts and orange juice in a high-speed blender.  Add the cherries and mangos; blend until smooth, or not if you want it chunky.     Serves 2.

1 comment:

teenage health said...

seems really tasty.. :)