Sunday, January 15, 2012

Comfort Food

One of my most favorite salads is also one of the most healthiest.  I've not been eating berries much this winter because they are out of season in the US.  But housemate started clamoring for fruit salads so I bought the berries from faraway places and was surprised to find that they taste good.  Well, I guess I may as well enjoy this extreme privilege to eat berries from chili in winter in Wisconsin.   So I'll probably start making this salad twice a week (the days after I go grocery shopping).   The carrots and sugar snap peas are just my first course (this was my packed lunch for work).  Underneath that is lettuce, red cabbage (locally grown and very sweet this time of year), broccoli, cauliflower, seed mixture, flavored vinegar, some combination of berries and maybe bananas depending on what looks fresh and ripe when I shop (e.g., strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, and banana).   This is so yummy.  So are the carrots.  I'll discuss that in my next post.  Oh, and I don't just have one of these, I have 3 of them:  breakfast, lunch and dinner!

No comments: