Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Jan. 1 food and exercise

I ate some frozen grapes before exercise.

Exercise:  I walked to the Y (YMCA) but it was not open yet.  Oh yeah, new year's hours.  So I walked home.  It's still nice getting out.  I walked up and down the stairs for 30 minutes wearing a backpack.  That's just as good as using the stair climber at the Y!  even better.  I may rethink my exercise and try to do this at home every day, then do something different at the Y.  anyway, after that I did some yoga and stretching.

Then I ate more grapes.  I cooked up some rice, onion, bell pepper for later, and had a small bowl with chopped grapes and curry powder.  That was good.

Then I ate more grapes.  too many grapes!  and a bunch of raw carrots.

Of course, I wasn't hungry for lunch.  I had some celery and a little salsa.

Dinner was a bunch of chestnuts,  some hoppin' john (rice, yellow-eyed peas, tomatoes, greens, and seasoning) (it's supposed to be made with black-eyed peas, not yellow-eyed), and some celery, carrots and salsa.

No comments: