Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Food for the next week

Today I cooked up enough food for a week.  awesome!   and it was mostly local.  in Wisconsin. in winter.   awesome!  oh yeah, and it's good too.   I cooked up a pound of white beans in one pan, some spelt berries (local!) and oat groats in another; and then in a big pot, cooked up a giant onion, a giant beet, giant rutabaga, purple cabbage, and mushrooms (all local!).   This made 13 servings.  I froze most of them.  Now all I have to do is cook up some veggies on the side.

This is the sort of meal plan I plan for the next week:

Breakfast:  fruit and 1 oz mixed raw nuts (I made my own mixture).  My fruit choices this week are apples, concord pears and grapefruit.

Snacks:  raw carrots (local)

Lunch and dinner:  cooked veggie (e.g., collards, kale, which are local from our garden, or broccoli, cauliflower which are not local) and/or salad (greens, ground seeds, vinegar), serving of the food I cooked up or a baked potato or baked sweet potato with some home-made soy yogurt.

So I may not have much to report for the next week since I just told you my food.  I also am settling on my exercise plan, probably something like this:  in the morning walk to the Y, swim or weights, walk some more.  then in the afternoon, up and down stairs for 30 minutes.  I want to fit yoga in there too.  I'm training for a backpacking trip so want to do lots of walking and climbing and I want to get strong.


No comments: