Sunday, January 12, 2014

today's food

I was still in the mood for salads at breakfast, and it's easy to do on the weekends.  I forgot to take a picture.  It was lettuce, spinach, grapefruit and 1 oz nuts.  It was really good.

Lunch and Dinner were not real meals as I was cooking and snacking all afternoon.   I ate a lot of raw carrots, some celery, and raw cabbage, a serving of from a big batch of greens I cooked up (kale, onion, garlic), and probably about 2 servings of the chili I cooked up.  I was planning to make some salad but didn't feel like it so just ate more carrots.

Exercise:   easy pilates workout in the morning.  in the afternoon I went up and down the stairs for 30 minutes with a backpack on (slowly).  Then I walked on the treadmill for 1.5 miles with the backpack on.  That was a good workout.  We had an ice storm a few days ago so I've been feeling trapped because the sidewalks are too treacherous to walk on.  I enjoyed discovering that I could still train for a backpacking trip without leaving the house!

No comments: