Sunday, October 10, 2010

tomorrow's meals

Well, I'm back from vacation, and back to preparing meals for the week. First I went grocery shopping. Then I made smoothies for housemate. I haven't updated that post in a while. I make 8 smoothies at once, in 4 batches. Right now I'm using a lot of fresh seasonal fruit but soon will be back to frozen berries as the fresh fruit selections diminish. I put about 4 lbs of fruit in a big bowl. And I use fresh squeezed orange juice and water for liquid. Then I freeze them all as shown at the bottom of this post.

Next I made a giant pot of beans.
And then tomorrow's salads:















This has kale, broccoli, cauliflower, romaine, lime & lemon juice, sunflower, hemp, and chia seeds, apple, pear, pomegranate seeds, and kiwi.
Divide that into 3 bowls, add kohlrabi (yum) and carrot sticks. For the big lunch salad, I added edamame:















Breakfast is beans & salad; lunch is salad; dinner is beans & salad.













Maybe that sounds repetitive. I'll see. In the summer I had fresh corn on the cob at dinner, so I may have to come up with something else now that the season has changed. Or maybe I'll like this. I love the beans I made this week.

No comments: