Wednesday, October 6, 2010

tomorrow's meals











I’ve enjoyed all the fabulous local produce we got in Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine, but it was all gone by today (except the carrots, yea!), and I was hungry. So I admit I was looking forward to buying some California berries and pomegranates, Columbian bananas, and New Zealand kiwis at the Whole Foods in Portland, Maine—fortunately they also had a lot of local produce too, which I bought. My travel companion just got a small container of potato salad, and I asked her how she can resist buying and eating everything in sight. She said she prefers my salads to anything they prepare there. Now after preparing tomorrow’s feast, I think she’s right. These babies contain the following (from bottom of the bowl to top): kale, broccoli, cauliflower, purple cabbage, juice from a lime, bok choi, romaine lettuce, cucumber, kiwi, raspberries, strawberries, banana, chick peas, pumpkin seeds, sugar snap peas, celery, and carrots. Yum!

Total calories for the three meals will be: 1391, protein 66 g (19%!), total fat is 25g which comes out to 17% which might be a little low for me.

No comments: