Saturday, December 27, 2014

Beet Chickpea Salad

This is inspired Dr. Fuhrman's Greek Chickpea Salad, but modified so much I think I can call it my own.  Plus I mainly just want to remember what I did which is why I'm posting here.  I modified it because I don't like store-bought tomatoes in winter, and I wasn't in the mood for a potato, and I was in the mood for a beet, and wasn't in the mood for nuts, and other random reasons.

Ingredients:
~2 cups cooked chickpeas or 1 can is fine
1 beet, chopped and steamed
1-2 Tbsp finely chopped onion
1 red bell pepper
2 Tbsp spicy pecan or other flavored vinegar
1 large granny smith apple or 2 small-medium
chopped cilantro
a head of lettuce chopped

Combine everything except the lettuce.  serve the mixture on top of lettuce.   I'll try to remember to snap a picture tomorrow when I eat another serving.

5 comments:

Diet Kundli said...

I am very happy to read this. This is the kind of manual that needs to be given and not the random information that's at the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this best posting. Balanced Diet || Diet Plan || Balanced Diet Plan

Diet Kundli said...

This blog post really grabbed my attention. With that said I am going to subscribe. Therefore I will get more updates on what you have to say. Please keep writing as I want to learn more. Diet Chart || Balanced Diet Chart || Food Supplements

Diet Kundli said...

I have to say that overall I am truly impressed with this site. It is easy to notice that you are passionate regarding your writing. If only I had your writing talent I watch for much more posts and will be coming back. Weight Management || Causes of High Blood Pressure || Healthy Diet

Diet Kundli said...

This is a very great post. Every single detail about the topic has been highlighted in this blog. You don't come across blog like this very often. Cholesterol Lowering Foods || Diet for Glowing Skin || Diabetic Diet

Diet Kundli said...

Thank you for another essential blog. Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a complete way of writing? I have a presentation incoming week, and I am on the lookout for such information. High Blood Pressure Diet || Non Communicable Disease || Foods in Different Languages