Monday, December 30, 2013

today's food

Breakfast:  a bowl  of cooked greens (collards, tomatoes, mushrooms, garlic, onion) and a few frozen grapes before exercise.  then some chestnuts afterwards.  this sort of blended into lunch which was a bunch of celery and salsa.  I was going to make a salad but remembered right after opening the can of tomatoes for the salsa, so decided to save the salad for tomorrow, since celery and salsa is kind of a salad.

snack:  a bunch of raw carrots while cooking a bunch of vegetables (more on that below).   also more frozen grapes and frozen banana.

dinner:  beans and greens.

snack:  frozen grapes and bananas.  I ate about a pound of frozen grapes today.   it was good.

I'm going to a meditation retreat later this week and we'll be at it from 7:30 am until 8 pm every day!  wo.  so I decided to cook a bunch of stuff ahead of time to freeze.  I like to eat a lot of local stuff, and what's local now is beets, carrots, cabbage, and rutabaga.  I like me carrots raw, and I'm trying to eat up my frozen greens so neglecting cabbage.  so therefore I cooked up:  onions, beets, rutabaga, and added cooked spelt berries and oat groats and beans.  I dished that out to 7 bowls to freeze.  I hope it freezes and thaws well!  I took a picture but I want to go to bed so don't want to find the camera etc etc.  Tomorrow or the next day I'll cook up a ton of greens and tomatoes to freeze.  the greens are frozen from the garden and the tomatoes are canned from the garden.  it's pretty cool how much local you can eat in the dead of winter in wisconsin!

Exercise:  weights, stair climbing machine (20 minutes, 45 "flights"), yoga.  

No comments: