Sunday, August 26, 2012

pasta!

Here was a fun meal from last week.  This was the first time I've had pasta in about 4 years.  If you think I'm crazy, you are probably right.  But aren't the crazy people the most interesting ones in your life?   Be grateful for us!  

Here's the pasta I used--it's a brown rice penne, and I didn't notice that it tasted any different from the usual but then it has been 4-5 years since I ate pasta...

I just cooked up summer veggies from the fridge:  patty pan squash, sweet red frying pepper (like a red bell pepper), onion, mushrooms, and fresh basil.   I enjoyed it!

3 comments:

Claire said...

We're going gluten free in our house, and we found the quinoa pasta to hold together better, and it acts more like "real" pasta. The brown rice pasta was kind of mushy. Did you find that, as well?

kneecap said...

Interesting. the penne pasta seemed fine. but I'd love to try quinoa. thanks for the suggestion! Do you notice any health effects from going gluten-free?

Claire said...

Well, we are pretty early in our journey. Daughter has some health issues, and did an elimination diet. When she added gluten back in, she noticed that they triggered her migraines! I haven't noticed a difference yet, for myself, but I'm sure I will. It seems most people benefit from giving up gluten.