Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Simple eating

This week, I am doing easy and quick meals, and it all tastes great.

For brekky, before exercising, I've been enjoying green sludge. Then afterwards, just some fruit, usually a small box of strawberries and a small box of blueberries. Note: I eat dinner early, and I have a hard time going all the way until 11 am to eat brekky, so that's why I have part of it before exercising. Then I don't have to eat as big of a dinner either.

Yesterday for lunch I made this quick and easy meal:
a bunch of kale, ripped into pieces by hand, 1/2 onion coarsely chopped, 1 can tomatoes. I cooked this in the pressure cooker for 3 minutes; then added a can of no-salt garbanzo beans. For housemate, I cooked a potato at the same time (on one side of the pressure cooker). I took more kale for my dish, and put the potatoes in hers. Mine is on the left, hers on the right:











Today I had kale-fennel soup that I had frozen (the recipe makes a huge batch so I froze into serving-size containers). I had that over chopped baby bok choy--yum! And I finished off the cabbage salad.

Dinner this week has been: my favorite spinach salad.

I finished off lunch and dinner with a big carrot. I love carrots, especially the ones we get here in Wisconsin for most of the year.

No comments: