Sunday, March 20, 2011

Lunch and Dinner












You know that joke when someone presents a big bowl of food to a group and says, "this is mine, what are you having?" That's how I am with salads every day. I eat a lot of salads. I guess you could say I'm addicted. Today's ingredients are: romaine lettuce, kale, broccoli raab (first time!), broccoli, cauliflower, red bell pepper, cucumber, apple, cilantro, seed mixture, and d'angou pear vinegar.

Today I also had (or will have) some beans (yum!), a piece of manna bread (yum!), lots of carrots (yum!), and some orange remainders (weird yes, but yum).

Tonight I'll prep tomorrow's confetti salads since it's a work day tomorrow. I'm looking forward to that because I'll add mango and blueberries to it, along with the veggies (lettuce, kale, cabbage, broccoli raab, broccoli, cauliflower) and seasonings (seed mixture, vinegar, cilantro).

1 comment:

Susan Crane said...

I had never heard of Manna bread but went looking for it yesterday ( I like to have a very small piece of bread with a tsp of nut butter as my one starch a day). It is simply delicious and soooo sweet! I can't believe there isn't any sugar in it. I had a very small slice but it still was almost "too rich" so will cut that portion in half today. Thanks for the great recommendation and all the other ideas on your blog! I wish I had your discipline to cook in advance!! I will have to work on that :)