Sunday, April 4, 2010

today's pear-veggie mandoline salad

I got a mandoline food slicer for my birthday:











It's easy to use, reasonably fast, quiet, and easy to clean up. I can use it to make veggie slaw. The pieces are bigger than what the food processor makes, so I think I prefer this. I'm really into these veggie salads, suggested by Carrots on the Fuhrman forums. Today's salad had kale, cauliflower, carrots, asparagus, arugula, cabbage, 2 ripe pears, 1 Tbsp spicy pecan vinegar, and 1 Tbsp sunflower seeds. It was yummy! The pears, vinegar, and sunflower seeds were a wonderful combination to add to the veggies and make it taste very yummy. I had frozen my kale (which quickly thawed after chopping); it is sweeter, more tender, and therefore more palatable raw than unfrozen.















No comments: