Yesterday's food was
Breakfast at 9 am before heading off to teach a class: banana. I wasn't hungry but knew I would be later. snacked on carrots while fixing lunch
Lunch at noon: baked sweet potato, big salad (lettuce, red bell pepper, flax and sunflower seed, 1/2 grapefruit, d'angou pear vinegar and 1 T blueberry juice)
Dinner: greens from yesterday mixed with lentils from a few days ago; big salad--same as lunch
Today's food is
Breakfast: snacking on carrots and apple skins and raw cabbage while fixing food (and peeling apples obviously)
Lunch: I took a baked potato, cut it up into pieces, tossed with smoked paprika, broiled in the oven for about 8 minutes, and added a serving of the lentils from a few days ago. The potatoes smelled like barbecue as they toasted. Pretty yummy for a quick meal! See pictures. Oh, then a big salad (lettuce, red bell pepper, flax and sunflower seed, 1 small orange, d'angou pear vinegar and 2 T blueberry juice).
Dinner will be: chickpeas and banana and cinnamon (try it and see what you think!); cooked cabbage and apple.
1) I had to move my exercise time to attending a 4 pm class instead of 7:30 am like before. This will take discipline but I just have to treat it like a religious requirement and the habit will take effect. An unexpected benefit of this is that I won't be snacking in the afternoon because I don't like to exercise on a full stomach. To fit my schedule and desires, I will extend my eating window to 10 hours. I like eating something around 9-10 am, and dinner will be closer to 6 pm now and that's fine.
2) The co-op has had good bananas lately so I couldn't resist getting a few more. That's why I cooked up the chickpeas because that's a nice treat to me, chickpeas and bananas. I cooked up 1/2 lb of chickpeas and divided into 4 portions to go with my 4 bananas.
3) I cooked up 2 apples and a small head of cabbage and some cinnamon in the instant pot pressure cooker (1 minute then slow release--actually this overcooked it a bit, so either do 2 minutes and quick pressure release or 1 minute and maybe wait a few minutes and then release--but it's still good, hard to ruin it). I put this into 3 bowls for the next few days.
4) I'm eating more beans than usual. Normally I would just have 1 serving but I wanted the chickpeas and bananas, and the lentils are still hanging around.
5) I'm thinking next week I will make beans and rice of some sort.