Saturday, April 9, 2011

looks yummy

so many good recipes on the blogs these days!

Here's one for spicy African stew from Peas and Thank You. I don't have a slow cooker so I'd just cook it on the stove top burner. and since I don't ever make veggie stock, I'd probably just juice some carrots and celery for that. It looks yummy.

Healthy Girl's Kitchen has been cooking up some of Chef AJ's recipes. The latest is Sweet Potato Nachos. This looks easy and good! I gotta try this soon. I love sweet potatoes. next weekend!

Virtually Vegan Mama has another great cookie recipe (looks great, I haven't tried it yet): Sunflower Seed Butter Oatmeal cookies. I'd substitute raisins for the carob chips (after looking at the ingredients of carob chips, kind of icky and not vegan). You could substitute chocolate chips for a treat, knowing they are not health-promoting, but it can be a planned cheat.

Lastly, I just discovered a new blog called The Reduction Project. This gal is eating her way through a new cookbook by Isa Chandra Moskowitz called Appetite for Reduction. Isa is an amazing, creative cook who has embraced healthy whole foods eating. We are so lucky!

2 comments:

Julie Ann said...

Thanks so much for the mention! And I love your blog - now that I've found it. :-)

kneecap said...

You're welcome! Thanks for the tips on the E2L forums. I will check that out soon.