Saturday, February 1, 2014

good salad and an update

I've been enjoying this salad lately:


It's got lettuce, red bell pepper, sometimes purple cabbage, corn, edamame.  The dressing is canned tomato blended with a little onion, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, cumin (optional), and some ground seeds or nuts if you want.

I had a house guest for a few days this week.  We went out to restaurants a few times.  I have to get better at enjoying restaurants. I don't like being a weirdo but I don't want to eat the tons of salt and oil you get at restaurants.  So I ordered plain salads and topped them with my own contraband.  They were good and I was happy eating my food.  I just wish I didn't feel like a weirdo, wondering if people think I have an eating disorder, etc.   I also ate too much of my food--way too many nuts.  That is partly due to wanting to celebrate with food--I used to enjoy having coffee and wine and good food with this friend.   Why does food have to be so psychological?  I wish I were in a better place with this.

No comments: