Saturday, June 11, 2011

Great food in Springfield, IL!

Thanks to one of the members on the Fuhrman forums I got great advice for getting good produce while in Springfield this week.  The grocery stores are not especially memorable but the farmer's market is excellent!   And the season is further along down here so I got things I don't usually get in Wisconsin until July.  Awesome.  At this stand,

I got lettuce, kale, kohlrabi (yum!), lots of sugar snap peas (yummier!), and spring onions.  

And here I got strawberries!

I also got some mushrooms at another stand.  That plus my current stock of beans, seeds, carrots, and fruit will get me home tomorrow.

I have to remember that on my next trip.  Find the farmer's markets!

1 comment:

Anne said...

We are currently living in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. Fresh fruit (fresh being the key word) and vegetables are hard to find. We're currently living on beans, rice, and canned fruit. Can't wait to get to China! ;oD